Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not Another Tally Mark

It has been 5 days since I returned from Jamaica. For those of you who weren't aware, from Jan 2-9 I was in Jamaica with my mother and sister-in-law, aunt, and cousin, to work in an orphanage. Like I said, it has been 5 days since I returned and often I am wondering what to do with this experience. Where do I put it? I cannot bring myself to chalk this up as "a good learning experience" or as just one more trip to help those in need; there must be something more, some other reason.
I find myself thinking about the orphans; about what they are doing during the day, questioning if they experienced love from anyone today, and about how much I would love to rescue each one of them from their own personal hell on earth.
What do I do with what I have seen, heard, felt? What do I do with what I have not felt?
Continually, I will wrestle these thoughts, tossing and turning them, hoping that God will show me something; something about loving those orphans.

1 comment:

Rafael143 said...

hi jamie i know u are a friendly person can u be my friend