Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A More Disciplined Life

The last couple of weeks, I have been trying to live a more disciplined life.   In “Christian circles” we often talk about the spiritual disciplines; praying, reading Scripture, silence, and the like.   While I have been trying to incorporate that in a little more as well, I am talking about another kind of discipline.  This is the do the laundry, wash the dishes, make dinner, get your crap together sort of discipline.  Let me tell you folks, I have been slacking in these areas for quite some time; dreading the thought of putting together a meal plan, cringing at folding yet one more towel.  But guess what?!!  Unbeknownst to me, doing these things has actually made my life less stressful!  Yes; less stressful!  Each day, I have been going to bed feeling like I accomplished something and that is worth folding one more towel!  I’m finding though, that I still don’t have enough time to do all of the other things that I love, like reading and sleeping- maybe when the kiddos get a little older.  J

Also on my mind most of the time are the musings of this wonderful author named Glennon Doyle Melton.  If you haven’t heard of her, you must, must, must, check out her book, Carry On, Warrior.   Oh, and also, read her blog at momastery.com.  That might be the best choice you can make today.   Go.  Read.  Now. 


P.S.  Here’s a little video to tide you over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbIVi_hFJsg

No comments: