Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Lydia Ruth!

After a terrible night and next morning, we decided to do a c-section. Lydia was born at 1:48pm on June 22, 2010.



The sound of her first cry was beautiful. Andy was weeping. I shed tears (although not as many as I would have, had I not been so, so drugged up.) I got to kiss my sweet baby and calm her crying before being taken into recovery. I was then unable to see Lydia until early Wednesday evening. That was incredibly hard. Andy, did however, get to spend a lot of time with her that first 24 hours (which I am very thankful for). When I was finally able to sit up and get into a wheel chair, I was taken down to hold my little girl for the very first time. It was beautiful.

It is unbelievable how fast babies grow in the first year. Lydia is now so full of personality and spunk. She makes us laugh everyday. She is such a joy I cannot fully express what it means to be her mother; I am so blessed and honored to have her in my life. So today I wish my sweet girl a very happy birthday and look forward to all the years we have together! Happy Birthday Lydia Ruth!




No comments: